In the article, "5 Things Loving Yourself Actually Means", Brianna Wiest outlines five simple rules to live by in order to give ourselves the greatest of all human needs, the ability to love ourselves.
Five Things "Loving Yourself" Actually Means
1. Having the courage to forgive yourself.
2. Understanding that not your weight, nor your hair color, nor your choice of clothing, nor the funny way your stomach rolls when you slouch down makes you any less attractive than anybody else.
3. That you have the choice to do what you love or to continue living a life being submissive to the expectations put on you.
4. That not everyone will love you, and that not everybody has to.
5. Understanding that you have to love yourself before you can love anybody else, or before anyone else can love you.