By Lindsay Levine
For the pasta:
- 1 cup gluten-free brown rice penne pasta
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved parmesan
- salt and cracked pepper
For the Avocado Basil Pesto:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 avocado
- Juice from 1/4 of a lemon
- salt & cracked pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Evenly coat your heirloom tomatoes on a baking sheet with olive oil, salt and pepper.
While the pasta cooks, add the tomatoes to roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Prepare peas (if they're frozen).
Add fresh basil leaves to your food processor with 1/4 cup olive oil and pine nuts and pulse until chopped. Add 1 avocado, juice from 1/4 lemon, salt, pepper, and 1 more tbsp olive oil. Pulse until perfectly combined and pesto is a beautiful smooth consistency. Last, mix pasta with avocado pesto, veggies, parmesan and salt/pepper.